1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wake on Lan to play Air Video?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by samanthajane, Apr 1, 2011.

1. samanthajane

samanthajane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Help please!

I recently downloaded Air Video but now I want to be able to wake my iMac up without physically having to get to it.

With help from google, I found out about Wake on Lan. Under energy saver on my imac, I enabled wake from ethernet access.

I downloaded the app "Wake" and it successfully detected by iMac. So I used the app, woke my iMac up and tried to use Air Video - doesn't work!

Has anybody been able to do this successfully?

Thanks!
  2. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So waking up your mac isn't a problem? Air Video just can't communicate with it?

Does your imac sign in when you WOL? If not, that is probably your problem. I think Air Video runs as an application and not a service on macs, which means that you have to sign in for it to start up. I haven't ever owned a mac in my life so I can't really comment much further, but it appears to be an issue with a lot of people that do from the quick searches that I have done. I believe if you set your mac to automatically sign in upon waking from sleep, it may solve your issue. I am not sure though.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011