What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting to copy items

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has been stuck on step 8 of 8 for a day now - waiting to copy items. What can I do to fix this? Nothing is actually happening! I'm running ios5 on an iPad 2.

OP
iLed

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, only 40% of 160gb HDD used and have about 80% of a 1.5tb Ext HDD free so got plenty of space.

OP
iLed

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have rebooted iPad and laptop. No joy.

OP
iLed

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You tell me. I have no idea what's being copied. Apple decided this. Do you have a solution or not?

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup I can let you to solution if I came to know exact situation ...problem occurs when you are syncing to your pc ? Or while creating back up ?

OP
iLed

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I load iTunes on my laptop. I plug in iPad. It starts syncing, various things, like music, video, contacts, etc. then at Step 8 (what the screen reads in the top bar of the iTunes) is 'waiting to copy'. That carries on for hours and hours. On iPad I get a spinning wheel next to my 3G indicator (top right corner).

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had same problem ,my pc had 3 partitioning HDD , c 10 gn , d 15 gn and e 15 gb..my iPad was syncing in c drive and data on my iPad was 23 gn ..so I had problem with space ...another thing you can check wether you had authorize you pc ? Transferred your purchases .?

OP
iLed

iLed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, problem solved. Eventually the email and calendar apps stopped working, as well as about half the apps on my iPad. I was forced to do a restore and roll back to an old back up. So after hours and hours of restore everything seems to be running fine again.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iLed said:
Ok, problem solved. Eventually the email and calendar apps stopped working, as well as about half the apps on my iPad. I was forced to do a restore and roll back to an old back up. So after hours and hours of restore everything seems to be running fine again.

That's good

Most reactions

Latest posts