What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting for my third one

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, just got back from apple with bad news. Two iPads, two with back light bleeding....and the new one is worse then the first. I talked with them, and they have been in contact with apple engineers. Not good news, they said it's not worth trying to replace it again right now, as most likely it will have the same issue. Ugggggg So they said to call back in a couple of weeks and will see if the issue is resolved. Its not a hindering thing, just kind of annoys me. :(. Sorry, this turned into a whining thread.

Ps. You can download the flashlight app, switch it to black to see if you have the issue. Make sure if you do to contact apple, they want to know the extent of the issue

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a bummer! Sorry to hear this. I have read time and time again, though, the replacements are the same if not worse.

Tell me something ~

You can only see the bleeding on a dark screen/ background?

OP
P

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a bummer! Sorry to hear this. I have read time and time again, though, the replacements are the same if not worse.

Tell me something ~

You can only see the bleeding on a dark screen/ background?

Correct, wide screen movies , some apps....they said the first batches had it but not bad, second batches, the replacements, are worse from what they have seen

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my second one today. It has a little bleed, but its much better. The Genius told me they are inspecting incoming units, and sending badly bleeding ones back. I first one also had dead pixels. New one has none. I guess thats progress.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, hang in there. Apple is on it and although this is my first Apple product, I am definitely an Applefangirl.:D. I am hooked!

The best costumer service ever, IMHO. This will be fixed quickly, I'm sure

OP
P

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first os product since the 1g touch. I love the iPad 2, even with this issue. How many companies out there would be so reactive to an issue. iPhone 4 in a couple of weeks, so I guess I am turning into a fanboy

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the service is the best! They told me, if i was unhappy with my replacement for any reason, that i could just bring it back again for a new one. Thats standing behind your product.

OP
P

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured I would give them w couple weeks, watch the boards here and see what's the good word then. Happy iPad 2 week, month, year everyone!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first os product since the 1g touch. I love the iPad 2, even with this issue. How many companies out there would be so reactive to an issue. iPhone 4 in a couple of weeks, so I guess I am turning into a fanboy

Good for you. I admire you to still speak in favor of them being in the predicament you are in.

Your A Good Man Charlie Brown.;)

Yes the service is the best! They told me, if i was unhappy with my replacement for any reason, that i could just bring it back again for a new one. Thats standing behind your product.

Awesome! When I got my iPad, a year in June, I was trippin big time and no clue what I was doing. I called the staff at my Apple store where I bought my iPad ~ four days in a row for help! They know me well.:eek:

Then I googled and found IPF. Never looked back.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts