What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Waiting for iPad." In Redsn0w after "Just boot in Tethered" option is selected.

darksun45230

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By accident, I left my iPad off the charge overnight. It lost it's power and went into recovery mode (apple logo right?) Anyway, I told myself, "No problem. Just use Redsn0w to boot back into 4.3.5." The only problem is when I attempt to recover it always stalls at this message: "Waiting for iPad."

* I already tried finding a new USB slot.
* I already exited a re-entered DFU mode only to find it looped back.
* I am thinking about upgrading to IOS5 to solve the problem.

Problem is, I'd like to save the videos I've been saving onto the iPad. I could do without them if I had to, but prefer to keep them.

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darksun45230 said:
By accident, I left my iPad off the charge overnight. It lost it's power and went into recovery mode (apple logo right?) Anyway, I told myself, "No problem. Just use Redsn0w to boot back into 4.3.5." The only problem is when I attempt to recover it always stalls at this message: "Waiting for iPad."

Problem is, I'd like to save the videos I've been saving onto the iPad. I could do without them if I had to, but prefer to keep them.

Apple logo isn't a recovery mode - it's just a boot logo - plug your iPad into the wall charger, wait some (couple of hours) time, then power on or reboot your iPad. Ipad boot time is about a minute or two - but it's a very looooong time when you're staring at this boot logo.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sometime redsn0w does not detect your installed firmware properly. If this is the case, you can point redsn0w to the correct firmware. Use the "Extras Menu", and press the "Select IPSW" button...

RSFP_02_1.png

Download the firmware corresponding to your device and version of IOS from our thread here (make sure it is the one installed on your device at the moment) - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then navigate to the file you downloaded and select it...
RSFP_02_4.png

This will tell redsn0w which device and version of IOS you are trying to jailbreak or boot tethered without trying to automatically detect it and retrieve the files it needs from the internet. Now simply try to use the "Just boot" option again. It should now work. :)

OP
D

darksun45230

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I had recently formatted my computer, Redsn0w didn't recognize the firmware I was trying to boot into. Thank you! You've solved my problem. Kudos to you.

Most reactions