What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting for Ipad 5 - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

montyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never had a tablet before, and am planning on an ipad, but thought I would wait for the new model which hopefully won't be too much longer. I have been reading rumors and stuff online, and a couple articles online have given a predicted a starting price of about $600 to start. What would this price be for? Would this be for the minimum model? Do prices for ipads go up that much normally when new models are introduced? At moment the ipad 4 16gb wifi is about 499, and 32 is 599. What can I expect for a price of the ipad 5 128g wifi (not cellular)? I've never had a tablet before, this will be my first, so not sure what to expect. Thanks for all the help.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From looking at apple's own pricing on its website, the iPad 4 is priced at $599 for the 32gb version, which could give an idea to the pricing of the new iPad.
In regards to your question about the 128gb iPad, all you'll get is more memory for apps or whatever you want to use it for. Unless you really need that much memory, I would suggest getting a 64gb or even 32gb iPad for a cheaper price. But it's all up to you. Hope you decide well.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, as already stated, the current pricing for the current Retina model is shown HERE and escalates based on the amount of memory desired (SS flash memory is not cheap!) and whether you want to add cellular - the memory 'jumps' seem to go in $100 increments, so the present costs of the 'non-cellular' models starts @ $500 and peaks @ $800 for 128 GB - I would suspect that the 'newest' iPad release will be somewhat more but who knows? Good luck in your selection - BTW, I own a 32 GB iPad 2 which is only 'half full' - 128 GB is a LOT of storage for an iPad, unless you are planning on loading 'oodles' of photos, music, and HD movies? :)

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumor has a possible announcement Sept 10( i have only read on forums) for new iPad . I have a iPad 1 64 g and only have used 18 g prior to using dropbox and cloud based storage. Love dropbox for picture storage . I am waiting just in case the new iPad has some awesome new feature- If I get a iPad 4, it will go down a little in price- I will go for 32 g. 64 or 128 G is over kill

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 32gb iPad 3 and have only 8 gb left. I have 8 grandchildren and take lots of pictures. So size probably depends on what you use it for. If it were me I would wait for the new model or when the new model is out the current model may be cheaper.

Bobbi

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On another forum, there was a post that Walmart has started to put iPads on sale( like 20.00 off) Apple products only go on "sale" when a new model is coming out- the iMac's went down just as the new upcoming models were announced- I got the new model because I was going to get the larger hard drive of the existing model and the new one had exactly what specs I wanted- except they did away with the CD rom drive -Still love my iMac
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=iPad&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The memory remains the same amongst the various models but the storage capacity increases from 16-128GB..Your choice of the high end wifi/4G LTE model will probably set you back $929 at today's prices, assuming no increase. Applecare is optional. Onky you may determine which storage is best for you. 64GB is barely adequate for me so my next will be 128 GB storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions