What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vpn

Kenabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on the iPad 2, after entering all the info into the new VPN, it will not connect, any ideas as to ewhat to do? Itg worked fine on my original Ipad, but not on iPad 2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - we may need a bit more information to be able to help.

As you probably know, the iPad VPN supporting the L2TP, PPTP, or Cisco IPSec VPN protocols.

Just to check, I guess you've done the following.

Configure VPN

Tap Settings > General > Network > VPN > Add VPN Configuration. Then use the VPN settings for your device.

* Server = your computer's external IP or hostname.
* Account = your account login
* RSA SecurID = OFF
* Password = your account password
* Secret = computer's secret, chosen during set-up.
* Send all traffic = ON

Turn VPN on or off

If you have created a VPN configuration, you would find the option to turn VPN on or off in the Settings.

First disable Wi-Fi on iPad, then start VPN in the settings. Wait until it finishes connecting and the status bar would has the VPN icon.

Note: iPad will drop VPN whenever changing the networks.

You say that this worked OK on your iPad1 but fails on the iPad2. Does it just fail to connect or is there some other issue?

Have you tried the 'cure all' fix of turning the iPad completely off then on again - i.e. by holding down the Power button?

Get back to us with some more information and hopefully we'll come up with some more ideas...

Tim

joeharth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The server is a redhat pptp server with mppe 128 enabled. Seems to work with old ipads and old ipod touch this is the problem in the log. Apr 6 05:31:53 apphire pptpd[13565]: GRE: Bad checksum from pppd. Apr 6 05:31:56 apphire pptpd[13565]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length. Apr 6 05:31:56 apphire pptpd[13565]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit) Apr 6 05:31:56 apphire pptpd[13565]: CTRL: CTRL read failed Apr 6 05:31:56 apphire pppd[13566]: Modem hangup Looks like an ipad2 bug? any suggestions

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok looks like adding noaccomp to options.pptp fixes the problem

Sorry I missed your post yesterday - it was the one sunny day we get a year in Scotland, so I took some time off...:(

Glad you got it fixed though.....

Weather is back to normal now........

Tim

Most reactions