What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN with iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMintee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Mrs Christmas brought me my new iPad (WiFi only) and I am looking for a free VPN App/program for it. I use HotspotVPN on my iPhone but I don't think it will work on the iPad.

There is an app on the App store but it contains a lot of Chinese characters (call me paranoid yes) and you have to pay for space on their servers.

Can anyone help please?

Merry Christmas to you all!

Dan

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends , what kind of network equipment you have.
In my case all the Network equipment at my work is Juniper.
So there is a free application named Junos Pulse.It is not an iPAD application but rather iPhone - but it works, on iPAD as well. Very easy to work with.
All you need is to insert your VPN URL and the user, and you are connected.
Works fine with my iPAD.
Problem is that iPAD is not Folder/Disk oriented, so you need some special application to take advantage of it.
But I can promise you. It works.

See this link:
Junos Pulse - Integrated Network Client - Juniper Networks

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused. My iPad has VPN support for Cisco, Apple and Microsoft style VPN servers built in.

Clearly this is something else. What sort of VPN are you working with?

iPaduaJoel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VPN Express

I am in Shanghai, China and I use an app called "VPN Express." It has an initial free for you to test before buying the stuff.

Works great...

Seriously though... I recommend it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Anelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think free VPNs are an option as you have limited bandwith and few servers to choose from.
If you want a VPN service that really works you can check this review website and you might even get a discount from one of the top providers starvpnreviews dot com

fergus2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LAPTOPTELLY works pretty well for UK services here in Spain on my iPad 2, you have to check the speed if you have low broadband.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LAPTOPTELLY works pretty well for UK services here in Spain on my iPad 2, you have to check the speed if you have low broadband.

Thank you for posting, we appreciate members trying to help others but as this is a very old thread and the original poster has now moved on, we will now close this thread......

Thank you for your understanding.................

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts