1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

VPN over wifi gets disconnected

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Ipadblack, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Ipadblack

Ipadblack iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, I have an iPad 3 and I have configured the VPN, everything works fine until the iPad goes to sleep..... My VPN gets disconnected. I have a iPhone 4s and the VPN stay alive even after I lock the unit. Is there any solution for iPad. I use the iPad over wifi not 3G. I appreciate your help.

Thanks
  2. michali

michali iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I have noticed this with mine too. As I am paying for my VPN, and there some limitation to usage, I do not mind if it cuts off when my iPad goes to sleep. I have thought that I could set my iPad never to sleep as the smart cover will turn it off anyway when it is not in use.
  3. allenriley

allenriley iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know which VPN service you are using on your iPad that get disconnected over Wi-Fi. I am also using a VPN connection on my iPad to remain anonymous and secure over Wi-Fi and it really works well. You can try PureVPN to get best Wi-Fi connectivity.
  4. welly8811

welly8811 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I first started out with a VPN as I live in Germany but I'm English and I had the same problem now and again however I found a better solution , this solution may or may not be for you but hear goes............................I use a smart DNS basically the same as a VPN however the settings are in my router so every device that is connected to my router sees the benefits of it BUT the best part is as I said its SMART so if I want to watch let's say English NBC iplayer I can HOWEVER if I want to watch American hbo, abc etc I CAN! It automatically gives me the correct IP I need for that certain country all my tv apps are supported by it American and English and any other country you wish to go to ;) it's 5 Canadian dollars a month (£3) the website is UNBLOCKUS.COM
  5. welly8811

welly8811 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh and they will give you a free 7 day trial just for giving them your email address and I have had no spam from them at all.