What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN or proxy

nousername

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not another VPN thread ... use the search function, yada-yada-yada. I've done that, and let's face it, setting up a VPN on an iPad is simple. But my situation is a little different. I need something that would let me choose an IP address from the Middle East or North Africa. How does one do this?

MODERATED....please be mindful of your language as this is a Family Forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing not many providers will offer this, as if you tunnel to within some the destinations you mention, you may not be able to access large parts of the Internet due to country wide censorship? The popular option would be to tunnel out of the destinations you mention.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Connect to a VPN server in your country of choice.

OP
N

nousername

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect to a VPN server in your country of choice.

That would be the obvious solution, if only VPN apps provided the option of connecting to a server in the Middle East. It's usually either the UK, US or Germany.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for computers, it's the same with iPads. You can't choose your IP Address. To change it or choose from a list possibly, go to your local technology store, or manufacturer.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That would be the obvious solution, if only VPN apps provided the option of connecting to a server in the Middle East. It's usually either the UK, US or Germany.

Google is your friend...

Nathaniell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use a VPN or proxy, so long as the server is located in the country you want. Open proxies are going to have more location choices, but are of course a security risk. Paid proxies are less likely to have locations in Africa or the middle east. VPNs will depend on the provider. Here is one example in The Middle East changeiponline.com/get-an-ip-address-from-the-united-arab-emirates-uae/ and one is Africa changeiponline.com/get-a-moroccan-ip-address/

PPTP VPN and L2TP both have clients already installed on your iPad, so installation is just a matter of getting login information from the provider you sign up with.

allenriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try the VPN connection that provides an Ip of Middle east or Africa. No other chance:)

Most reactions

Latest posts