What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN for ipad

Andr4w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and it would be useful to have a Uk based VPN I can use from my iPad, any ideas?

OP
A

Andr4w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks chaps, will check them out.

Which are free if any? I actually have an account with cyber ghost already actually so could use that, see post below.

Last edited:
OP
A

Andr4w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also how do I use them? Do I just open the web browser on the I-pad and connect via that? Or is there and app or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andr4w said:
Also how do I use them? Do I just open the web browser on the I-pad and connect via that? Or is there and app or anything?

Thanks in advance.

There are VPN apps on the app store, a search on there for "VPN" will give you a number of options.

The Archangel

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Go into settings on your ipad, right below wifi settings, there is actually a VPN section there. If you are using a good vpn service they will have settings to put in there.

So no apps needed for this.

You dont want a service that runs only in the browser, because that is all where it will work. If you want all your apps to go through the vpn you need to set it up outside the browser under the vpn settings (which is global for the ipad)

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A

Andr4w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andr4w said:

Thanks in advance.

There are VPN apps on the app store, a search on there for "VPN" will give you a number of options.

The Archangel

Hmm I tried that, couldn't find anything, I'll look again........

OP
A

Andr4w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Go into settings on your ipad, right below wifi settings, there is actually a VPN section there. If you are using a good vpn service they will have settings to put in there.

So no apps needed for this.

You dont want a service that runs only in the browser, because that is all where it will work. If you want all your apps to go through the vpn you need to set it up outside the browser under the vpn settings (which is global for the ipad)

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll check it out now :)

Saeidxpx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with vpn,i set it in general-networks-vpn and it will connect and the (vpn) appears on top in statusbar but i can't do anything,no app store,no pages load in safari ....
Any idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the native VPN application that comes with the iPAD - very easy to set-up and works great. Point is you need your company server to support some nice applications with it. Other wise you find yourself connected - then what ??

JamesVang86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ipVanish from which i choose from VpnRanks.
I am very much satisfied with it this is the reason I mention it here.

adilmalick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although usually people use vpn for unblock geo-restriction for streaming & torrenting...ect. Well i usually use ivacy for torrenting and several other thing and i have also used it's app for my ipad that is working perfect, however its better to use vpn according to your ipad version and it is also much more important to read the review of EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts