What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOLUME ?

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Being deaf, I need ear hearing aids, but use earphones when using the iPad4. Some films are low in volume and I need to boost the volume more than the iPad will let me. Are there ant earphones with an added booster, or is there some way I can download a volume improver that I can use when using myplugged in earphones? Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could mess around with the EQ settings of your iPad and see if you can boost the volume where you need it.

You could also switch output to monaural so that you get the same signal at each ear.

Another possibility is to use a headphone amplifier, either directly from the headphone output or via AirPlay to an Airport Express. Using the second method means you can feed the digital signal to a DAC. I'd suggest having a look at Head-Fi for all things relating to headphones. The contributors to that site are experts in the field.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any headphone setup that uses (or can be adapted) for the iPad's standard audio jack should work with your iPad. I found several possibities by search for 'amplified headsets' on amazon.com.

Ideally you should visit an electronics store and try out any apmplied headsets to make sure they meet your needs; but reading the reviews might be enough.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Just looking around and its amazing how much price difference there is foran earphone am. from hundreds to £30-£40. A little surprised that I cannot ee any earphones that have a built in volume booster, or have I missed it? It's not all films that give low volume, just a few, but when they come along, I can hardly hear the speach without concentrating a lot and it takes away from what I am watching. Will keep looking.

Most reactions