What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume......

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do like my new Mini2 , but I cannot see anywhere to increase the volume on the 'sound alerts' . I have always had a different sound play for each account, and on my iPad3 it was loud. This one is only audible if one is right close to it. How can I increase the volume on that feature?
Doris

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Doris:)
Not sure if you have already tried this.... From the bottom of the screen swipe upward to reveal the control panel with the volume slider. Slide to the right to increase volume.
Regards, Andrew

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris:)
Not sure if you have already tried this.... From the bottom of the screen swipe upward to reveal the control panel with the volume slider. Slide to the right to increase volume.
Regards, Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Yes I tried that, it had no effect on the problem. I am sure there must be a volume control somewhere for those alerts. Frustrating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the Change with Buttons option is off. Them make sure the slider there is maxed out (or as loud as you would like).

This sets the alert volume, and will keep the volume from changing when you change the overall system volume.

There is a bug that is causing some alert sounds to be weak. Mail's the only one I've heard of. It is supposed to be fixed in the next update; iOS 9.2.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the Change with Buttons option is off. Them make sure the slider there is maxed out (or as loud as you would like).

This sets the alert volume, and will keep the volume from changing when you change the overall system volume.

There is a bug that is causing some alert sounds to be weak. Mail's the only one I've heard of. It is supposed to be fixed in the next update; iOS 9.2.

Many thanks Twerppoet . Yes, the button is off and the slider at max. So that doesn't solve things .i didn't know about the bug you mentioned , and yes it is the mail alerts that are so weak. Guess I will have to wait for 9.2 ??
In any case I really appreciate your input. .

Most reactions

Latest posts