What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume control slider missing

pamela984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes! All of a sudden I have no sound. The slider is missing on my volume control. Headphones work fine. But I can't play any music without using Bluetooth or plugging in earbuds. I have rebooted, but hesitate to do a reset. Anybody have a solution to ths?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As eddieg has pointed out, you haven't inadvertently pushed the mute button which is above your volume controls? I'm not thinking it is this though as you say your volume slider is missing.

Did you notice this first occurring after using either Bluetooth or earphones directly in the jack? If you just pull the jack out or stop Bluetooth without first stopping the music you are listening to, this can happen. So try reattaching both of these and stop the music first and see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise do a reset.....this will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a pc.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

OP
P

pamela984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I will keep all that in mind if it goes missing again. Miraculously this morning it is fine. I guess it was just tired and wanted to hide for awhile :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will keep all that in mind if it goes missing again. Miraculously this morning it is fine. I guess it was just tired and wanted to hide for awhile :)

Lol....well that's great to hear! And thank you for posting back that your issue is now fixed even though it seems to have fixed itself. ;)

OP
P

pamela984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has done it again. I used it last night with music...no problem. Tonight nothing again. I haven't had Bluetooth or headphones. But again my volume slider has gone missing. I even tried the reset. Nothing changed.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad has done it again. I used it last night with music...no problem. Tonight nothing again. I haven't had Bluetooth or headphones. But again my volume slider has gone missing. I even tried the reset. Nothing changed. dde22

Well that's a nuisance......have a look to see if you still have your Bluetooth activated.....it may have connected again without your knowledge.

OP
P

pamela984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. But everything is back tonight. I'm really getting annoyed by this.

OP
P

pamela984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly, no. I would take it in to an Apple store anyway, but the closest one is two hours away. Thanks for your help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, no. I would take it in to an Apple store anyway, but the closest one is two hours away. Thanks for your help.

Well then a restore of your iPad may just put it right again. Sometimes updates to apps etc, can throw a spanner in the works and create problems in other areas.

Just like a pc, it's good to restore at some point when problems do arise.

Most reactions

Latest posts