What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume buttons causing iPhone to wake

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title says, it seems that all of a sudden, pressing either of the volume buttons on my iPhone 4S while it's locked causes the screen to turn on. Just the lock screen though.

I don't really know what changed it to do that, and I can't find anything that will make it stop. Activator isn't doing it.

However, it only seemed to start doing this after I recently installed a tweak, but that tweak was the one that lets you have 5 icons on the lower dock...I'm not sure how installing that would cause my volume buttons to turn on the screen while the device is locked.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like Activator to me, an that has had a LOT of updates recently. It is worth going into the settings of Activator and resetting all your actions to default "just in case". I've seen this sort of thing happen before.

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I did check Activator, and nothing was assigned to the volume buttons, but I reset it anyways...didn't fix it.

However, I went into Cydia and it said Activator had an update, so I updated it and...it fixed it.

That's that, I suppose!

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it fixed. When a tweak is going through almost daily updates from the developer, it is always worth checking again, because they are often correcting bugs which have crept in around their new features ;)
Sounds like that's what was happening with you.

Most reactions

Latest posts