What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume buttons acting odd

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They aren't sticky. I know that. I have an iPad 2 jail broken. So obviously 4.3.3.
But when I press the down volume button it jumps to 0 instead of decreasing the volume.
Yes, I can always turn it back up. But it's really annoying. I don't know why it won't stop.
I even tried the app myvolume on cydia and that wouldn't even fix it. Anyone have any idea?
It just started doing this one day.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I don't have a JB iPad but, on a stock model, if you press the volume down button more than for a brief press, it automatically reduces immediately to zero. To reduce the volume in steps, you have to press the button repeatedly and briefly each time.

Maybe it's different on a JB iPad and, if so, I apologise.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is happening is that there are some tweaks in Cydia that have been updated to run on iOS 5.x. They appear to have affected iPads running iOS 4.3.3, in that you are going to get that odd volume behavior. No one knows which tweak it is - and, before I upgraded to iOS 5.0.1, I wasn't interested in uninstalling/re-installing all my tweaks to find the culprit. Yeah, I'm lazy like that! :D

I was resigned to just living with it ... then I went up to iOS 5.0.1 (tethered, with an iPad1). So, if you have an iPad2, all you can do is either figure out which tweak it is (uninstall them all, then re-apply them one at a time) or just think of it as a VERY fast mute function.

See this thread for more: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...und-completely-one-push-only-please-help.html

Sorry it's not better news...but you're not alone.

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and I've moved this post to the Hacking section. Maybe someone will see it and have figured out which tweak it is...

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, I still maintain that resetting all my Activator actions in the Activator settings solved this problem. Others said it came back, but mine didn't... I haven't removed anything from my iPad2 either... :)

OP
C

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the record, I still maintain that resetting all my Activator actions in the Activator settings solved this problem. Others said it came back, but mine didn't... I haven't removed anything from my iPad2 either... :)

I'll try this out.
Kinda glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought I was going crazy lol

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

rday89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem for a while but just this minute updated my activator from cydia and no longer have the issue :)

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what is your latest version of the activator after updating ? .. mine is at 1.5.8 .. i have not seen any activator update from cydia .. did i miss anything ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Tim, don't be so hard on yourself!
You should come to the dark side. :)

It's all so complicated over there without Steve looking out for you.....

But, to be honest, the iPad is so much a part of my (business) life that I simply need it for Pages, Numbers and Keynote- plus Pocket Informant to tell me where I'm supposed to be and who I'm supposed to be seeing..

Tim

PS where have you been recently?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's all so complicated over there without Steve looking out for you.....

But, to be honest, the iPad is so much a part of my (business) life that I simply need it for Pages, Numbers and Keynote- plus Pocket Informant to tell me where I'm supposed to be and who I'm supposed to be seeing..

Tim

PS where have you been recently?

Pm sent to answer your question. :)
I don't want to tie up this thread.

OP
C

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the activator update fixed it. Thanks guys. Sure as he'll beats unistalling everything one by one.

Most reactions