What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume button jammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

riastreet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This volume button thing just happened to me. I saw the mentions of dents, but my iPad hasn't fallen, and it's in a Belkin case. I took the case off, and sure enough, the metal around the switch appeared to be slightly bent up toward the screen, pushing the screen just barely noticeably up. Using the side of my knuckle, I firmly massaged the screen over the switch downward, and managed to put it back in order. The little strip of metal is very flimsy. It was a simple fix for me.

Thank you so much! You are a genius. Such a simple fix but I would never have thought of it. I couldn't understand why it had gone wrong as I hadn't dropped or dented it in any way. I can now play videos again. Woo Hoo!

tmitola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!! to the wonderful person that posted this!!!!

I registered just to leave this comment. I got very lazy about keeping my ipad in the case. Slipped out of my hand this morning and dropped onto a carpeted surface. Picked it up relieved there was no damage. And suddenlyl realized volume icon would not go away and was jammed. Have had a very bad couple of weeks with car tranmission dying, central air conditioning system needs to be completed replaced and my mother has been in the hospital twice. Needless to day, I really could have just lost it when i realized the volumne button was jammed. Anticipating another expense. Googled my first solution which was to pry it ...well fortunately i didn't have anything thin enough. Googled again and found your solution. Wow....amazing. Its fixed. :)Thank you!! Thank you for sharing!

Stargirl1745

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I've been silly, I saw a HUGE spider and made a dash for it. Now my volume button is bent in the middle and the rim of the Ipad2 is Bent inwards to the screen. How do I fix it?

Miewx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is a simple and effective fix for this specific volume button problem!
No need for 'extra apps'...

I have just registered in this forum so am not able to submit links (you can just go to youtube)
So, this is the step-by-step guide:
1. Go to 'Settings'
2. Go to 'General'
3. Go to 'Accessibility'
4. Activate 'Assistive Touch'
5. If the menu doesn't automatically pop-up, press the new small round icon in the corner
6. Press 'Device'
7. Manage 'Volume' manually!!

Hope it also works for you!

Thank you so much
I have a few dogs and my dogs pushed my iPad off the couch
Now it's bent at the volume buttons
They're both jammed but first volume kept going down, then after i tried to fix it a lil with a sharp knife, the volume kept going up.
So i tried to look to stop the buttons from working and this works :)

Lolipadhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I found a WONDERFUL solution that doesn't need new apps! You just shut down your iPad. You might have to do it a few times but then it works.:):):):):):):):p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:p

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I found a WONDERFUL solution that doesn't need new apps! You just shut down your iPad. You might have to do it a few times but then it works.:):):):):):):):p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:p
Hello Lolipadhelp and welcome to the forum. This thread is concerned with PHYSICAL damage to the iPad and discusses distortion of the case around the volume button. By shutting down the iPad, no matter how many times, It's just not likely to solve the problem discussed.
In any case you are responding to a thread that is well over two years old and the members discussing this are no longer around to assess the usefulness of your advice.
Consequently we will now close this thread.
Andrew
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THREAD CLOSED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts