What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume adjustment and lock for IPAD I

handycam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new and clueless about all Apple products. My non-verbal autistic son has an I-PAD (first version) which he blasts with or without headphones. Is there any way to "lock" the volume to a certain level? I fear he'll damage his hearing. Thanks!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I'm not quite certain, because I never had an iPad 1:
In Settings - Music you should be able to set a volume limit.

Hope that helps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new and clueless about all Apple products. My non-verbal autistic son has an I-PAD (first version) which he blasts with or without headphones. Is there any way to "lock" the volume to a certain level? I fear he'll damage his hearing. Thanks!!!
You can go to Settings>Music>Volume Limit and set the level at the best setting for your son. To stop him from changing this limit, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Volume Limit and select Don't Allow Changes. You have to set a restrictions password to do this, make sure your son does not have the restrictions password. I'm not sure if this will work with an iPad 1, but check it out and see.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks, but I see no provision in "retrictions" to do this in his ipad I

Please check once more with the screenshots I have provided. Even if you are on iOS 6, you should not have much problem since settings are almost the same.

image-420974731.jpg

image-3334139019.jpg

Valerie78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly move to setting---> Go to restrictions---> move to allow changes and seltec the volume that will allow you set the desired volume and will apply the restrictions.

Most reactions

Latest posts