What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOIP Apps - Any Luck???

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the VOIP apps available on the iPad, and if so, what was the result? I know there are a number of them out there, and I was just curious what people found to be the quality & functionality.

Thanks,

Hal

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using acrobits softphone...it's made for the iPhone, but it works perfectly with my gizmo and google voice account, push notifications for calls and badges and everything works great.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the SIP application of whistle and Fring. Both work fine.
I am using both on our Tadiran VOIP system at work .

Margot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freephoo works for me

Its an awkward but joyous feeling to hold your iPad like a phone. I have been using Freephoo since a few weeks and it seems to be meeting my expectations. My friends and i got it for free from Freephoo site and have been chatting endlessly almost everyday. A couple of them even tried their Premium version to make international calls and are very happy with it.

JoelSans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freephoo is the one for me!!!

The one voip app which my iPad seems to love is Freephoo. Its quick, responds well, hassle free and user friendly. Being on both WiFi and 3G makes it more flexible. Calls are not charged when made to freephoo users no matter how much they talk. I heard that international calls are also priced very reasonably.

Most reactions

Latest posts