What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VoiceOver for iPad 4

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using the British English VoiceOver for a year to read to me in Stanza and iBooks when I exercise. I've moved to an iPad 4 and notice that the voice is somewhat different -- it sounds very low and gravelly as if the reader has a bad cold and is losing his voice. The American English voice (a female voice) is deeper as well but doesn't sound ill. Sure wish I had the old British voice back ....

Linda

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has to do with iOS 6 change and not necessarily your iPad 4.

Been some discussions regarding this......maybe someone with experience with this can chime in if there may be a app to offer more voices choices??

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice that when I did a reset, it lost the cold but still is a bit echoey and doesn't sound as good as the one on my ipad2. I played around with speed and its better than it was.

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done a bit more reading and think it had defaulted back to the compressed voice. In the process I learned how to set and use the language rotor to get a female Australian, South African or Irish voice. Interesting!

Most reactions

Latest posts