1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

VoiceOver for iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by lhamilton, Dec 18, 2012.

1. lhamilton

lhamilton iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I've been using the British English VoiceOver for a year to read to me in Stanza and iBooks when I exercise. I've moved to an iPad 4 and notice that the voice is somewhat different -- it sounds very low and gravelly as if the reader has a bad cold and is losing his voice. The American English voice (a female voice) is deeper as well but doesn't sound ill. Sure wish I had the old British voice back ....

Linda
  2. buerkletucson

buerkletucson iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Has to do with iOS 6 change and not necessarily your iPad 4.

Been some discussions regarding this......maybe someone with experience with this can chime in if there may be a app to offer more voices choices??
  3. lhamilton

lhamilton iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I notice that when I did a reset, it lost the cold but still is a bit echoey and doesn't sound as good as the one on my ipad2. I played around with speed and its better than it was.
  4. lhamilton

lhamilton iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done a bit more reading and think it had defaulted back to the compressed voice. In the process I learned how to set and use the language rotor to get a female Australian, South African or Irish voice. Interesting!