What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice control app for music?

bwwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but is there any app that would allow me to control the music app on my iPad (original)? I would like to be able to do things like pause, skip, play, etc. with voice commands.

Thanks!

Bruce

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bruce - I don't have a specific answer for you; voice recognition apps exist but mainly for taking notes - not sure if any integrate w/ the native Music app?

Concerning your 'original' iPad, I'm assuming you mean the iPad 1? Also, is the device 'jailbroken' - might help others respond more specifically - :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but is there any app that would allow me to control the music app on my iPad (original)? I would like to be able to do things like pause, skip, play, etc. with voice commands.

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi Bruce--I want to share with you the Voice Over Tutorial that our Super Moderator, Gabriel1, created. This may allow you to speak your commands of stop, pause etc-with what you are looking for. It will only run with ios 5.0 or greater-so check your version on your ipad.

See the link: http://www.ipadforums.net/help-ipad...2320-how-guide-using-voiceover-ios-5-1-a.html

Hope that helps you.

Skimonkey

OP
B

bwwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After some more digging, I found an app called Vokul. It seems to do what I want and works pretty well. I haven't tested everything it can do, but I have been able to tell it to play by artist and by song title, pause, go to next song, etc.

I'm using a non-jailbroken iPad 1 running iOS 5.1. I've had this iPad for 2 years now, housing it in the basic Apple case. I have no screen protector (bought one, hated it). There are no visible scratches anywhere. :eek:

I will take a look at the Voice Over guide.

Thanks!

Bruce

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moving this to special app section as this will be valuable for our members there.

Sounds great, bwwhite. Keep us posted on your review of this music app that is voice controlled as this will be helpful for many members.

Most reactions