What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visio version for ipad

lofibunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I get the iPad app that does same thing as Microsoft Visio on my iPad

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was asking the same question a few months back. Omni Graffle is a mind mapping app. I was tempted to buy it, but was put off by the lack of data exchange with Windows based apps. The Omni software suite is all Mac based, which is fine. But I live in a split universe of Windows desktops and Apple mobile devices. I have iThoughts HD for mind mapping, but haven't used it a lot. Also there is Less Chart HD, which is for flow charting, my original intent. Other than that, I have no easy answers.

Also there is an online browser based service called Lucid Chart. See http://www.lucidchart.com/pages/tour/ipad_flowchart_app. It is a subscription type service and is entirely in the cloud.

Last edited:

Vichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I get the iPad app that does same thing as Microsoft Visio on my iPad

Look at TouchDraw - Similar to Visio in concept and can import/export. Depending on what you ultimately need, look at GraphPad as well.

As with the Office Apps - caveat emptor - the media causes some compromises and the desire to not be sued for being too close may enter it as well.

Regards,

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for suggesting Touchpad. I use Visio all the time at work. Having an app that so similar on my iPad will be very helpful to build charts on long flights when there's no room to work on my laptop.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JewelGarden said:
Thanks for suggesting Touchpad. I use Visio all the time at work. Having an app that so similar on my iPad will be very helpful to build charts on long flights when there's no room to work on my laptop.

Sorry meant TouchDraw!

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Recently bought TouchDraw per suggestion and find amazing easy to use. Just entered a flowchart from an old project and learned the basics in the process. I revisited LucidChart, which was my earlier suggestion. I find it unusable on my iPad1. I previously used it on a desktop with Chrome browser. So my earlier comments were based on desktop use and not with real iPad experience.

There is another flow chart app I looked at, inFlowchart looks promising, but there is no import/export with Visio. TouchDraw had both Visio and DropBox support. Even the online LucidChart solution only does Visio import, but not export. I can't vouch for TouchDraw Visio support because I have an old Visio version at work.

That said, I can certain do some mid size charts with TouchDraw.

Last edited:

Networking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well outside of TouchDraw there still isn't a perfect substitute for creating visio documents on iPads. In the meantime if you're like me and need to view those Visio diagrams in the data center or open that new org chart for management I found "iSeeFiles for Visio" ipad app, a pretty good Visio Viewer. On the odd occasion I use it in conjunction with something like pdf-notes to make comments and annotations. Of the visio 2007 and 2010 files I have viewed to date all opened fine except 1 that was over 10MB.

Most reactions

Latest posts