What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual keyboard

toj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a change in the keyboard recently? Mine is now going across the middle of the screen not the bottom and it gets in the way a lot because I can't see what I am writing at a certain point in typing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You've undocked the keyboard, to dock it again tap and hold down on the little keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the keyboard and select "Dock". That will put the keyboard back on the bottom of the screen.

OP
T

toj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I was not finding the answers where I was looking so thought I would just ask here.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You've undocked the keyboard, to dock it again tap and hold down on the little keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the keyboard and select "Dock". That will put the keyboard back on the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for that little gem of info.. I was unaware that we could do that :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the other version of the undocked keyboard.

image-4203748651.jpgTo fix this, you tap and hold the key in the bottom right and select dock and merge from the menu.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
n4uau said:
Cool. How do you undock it in the first place??

Tap and hold the button at the bottom right of the keyboard. One of the options that appears is undock, select that and your keyboard will rise from the bottom of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts