What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

view keynote or powerpoint files with embedded clips on an external wifi drive?

cherry66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
First of all I have to introduce myself: my name is Chris from Germany.
I have a lot of keynote and powerpoint presentations with embedded video clips which I would like to present with my iPad.
I have also bought an external wifi drive (Seagate Goflex Satellite) - Seagate offers a special App by which one can view the files on the wifi drive.
Unfortunately keynote files are not supported by the App. But I can see ppt.-files - when I open them in whatever application (keynote, goodreader ...) all the embedded videos are "lost". Is this an inevitable situation in iOS? Thanks in advance, Chris

But

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Hi Chris,

Never tried to check that from the external drive - have you tried to copy them to your iPad?
I have just held a presentation with a couple of included clips - however, I use Keynote and embedded them within the app from my "Aufnahmen" folder....
Gruß von der Weser,
Henning

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
C

cherry66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Henning,

Tanks for your reply - I know about that and I have done it myself. But you have to embed every single clip again (after having tranfered all the clips to the iPad).
I.e I would have to redo every presentation - I wish I could leave my completed presentations as they are and just view them with my iPad connected to the external wifi drive but I fear this is impossible.

Have a Nice New Years Eve Party (" guten Rutsch") and thanks again,

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts