What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

View iPad storage on computer?

mls1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to see all the internal storage locations on an PC that an IPad is connected to like an ifile view.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can try ifunbox

Good suggestion - I just added the program to my computer (information HERE) because one of my photo apps used it for a back-up - seems to show a LOT of information and the iOS structure on your iPad - cannot say that it will satisfy your needs but may be worth a look - same website offers iFileExpress for the iPad which I've not loaded onto my device - not much help but just wanted to follow this thread - good luck & please post back what you find! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean you want to see the computer file system, I'm afraid the only thing you'll be able to use is a remote desktop app such as Splashtop or Teamviewer (or many others). They will allow you to access and view your computer as if you we're sitting tight in front of it.

To view the iPad's file system, yeah, something like iFunbox will be good (except you won't be able to view/access everything unless the iPad is jail broken).

Marilyn

Bob1040

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop

If you mean you want to see the computer file system, I'm afraid the only thing you'll be able to use is a remote desktop app such as Splashtop or Teamviewer (or many others). They will allow you to access and view your computer as if you we're sitting tight in front of it.

To view the iPad's file system, yeah, something like iFunbox will be good (except you won't be able to view/access everything unless the iPad is jail broken).

Marilyn
How far from your home will you be able to access Splashtop and view you computer on your iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How far from your home will you be able to access Splashtop and view you computer on your iPad.

As far away as I can possibly be. As long as I have an Internet connection (whether WiFi or 3/4G) and my computer is on or sleeping, I can access it via the Splashtop app on my iPad (or iPhone, for that matter).

It can be very handy... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts