What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

view files of my macs on ipad2

koutelos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all
I would like to know if there is an app that can help me view the files i have in the drives of my macs on my ipad2
Thanks
Not as a remote desktop
I would like to know also your experience about the best remote desktop for iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer your second question, I think many members feel SplashTop is currently the best remote desktop for the iPad. The latest release enables you to remotely view your PC or Mac desktop either from a local WiFi network, a remote WiFi network or over 3G. There are no complex set-up procedures either - all you need (strangely) is a gmail email account and you have to tell both the iPad and your PC/Mac what your email address and password are. Somehow, using that information, it is able to seamlessly connect your iPad to your PC/Mac without any of the usual complex port forwarding/firewall problems.

There's a limited viewing time 'lite' version available for free, so you can try it first of all to check whether it works for you.

Tim

Most reactions