What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos just disappeared!!!

Reaction score
After the first ipad was accidently broken, we were given a new but replacement ipad from apple (courtesy of our contents insurance). The replacement ipad had a battery issue and didn't charge, so apple then gave us this third ipad. This one is working okay..... except....... for some reason the movies under the videos just disappear and it says something like updating library or something sometimes. I actually last synced it Christmas Day and then they disappeared (only on ipad not on computer). Not sure what is happening but even when I try and resync and restore from backup the movies still don't appear. To fix this I actually had to restore and create a new ipad again.... Damn annoying and then resync as they are still located in the library. I am just about ready to through this refurbished one back at apple. It takes me an hour to get to a damn apple store!

Am I just unfamiliar with the ipad because my 3 year old son watches the ipad and perhaps hits a bad button!! However, I think it unreasonable to expect that I need to create a completely new ipad profile and resync with my library to get the movies back on. By the way movies were ripped to Ipad format with DVDFab.

Please help as my son is addicted to his ipad (ie I'm a bad mother but he falls asleep watching movies!).

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to sync two or three times to get the videos to actually show up. Not sure why though. Sometimes it works the first shot, other times I have to redo it a couple times. I don't know if it's required, but I do a full hard reset (hold in the power button and then swipe to turn off) each time before I re-sync, it seems to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts