What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video

OP
P

Pensmith007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That should say that after I updated to IOS 5.0. I am having trouble playing videos. Sometime they start and stop over and over again. Sometimes they won't start at all.

per826

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing - downloaded ios5, started playing a video and 5 minutes into it it stopped and now I just get a black screen when I go to videos. Never had a problem before when videos were played thru iPod feature. Tried rebooting and no luck. Now I'm stuck on a plain with nothing to do!

YusefS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same, only works on some videos, the only way too get past it is to access the video on the actual YouTube app.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the frustrating issue. There are a couple of things to try. First is to restart and/or reset your iPad:
  • Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.
  • Reset the iPad: if restarting the iPad didn't work then you will need to reset the iPad. You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process will take longer than the restart.
If you're having problems watching videos/movies that are on your iPad (not YouTube, etc.) you could try deleting and reinstalling your videos:
  1. Connect your iPad to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes, click on your iPad (left-hand menu).
  3. Perform a backup.
  4. Then under the videos tab uncheck "Sync Movies".
  5. Click on the "Apply" or "Sync" button at the bottom of the page. Let it update - this will wipe any videos on your iPad (but not your computer of course).
  6. Disconnect your iPad and then reconnect it.
  7. Go back and re-check "Sync Movies".
  8. Click on the "Apply" or "Sync" button at the bottom of the page. This could take a while as it will be adding all of your movies (or at least the one's you've selected) to your iPad.

See if that doesn't get everything back in place.

FWIW this has also resolved issues with music, podcasts, etc. for others as well.

More upgrade info here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

per826

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did all that - nothing worked. I do know, when I try to play the video on my computer, I get the same black screen. However, unlike my iPad, the computer will let me watch the other 9 shows I downloaded. It's like the iPad is stuck or locked up in this one video. I guess I will have to make a trip to the Apple store!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
per826 said:
Did all that - nothing worked. I do know, when I try to play the video on my computer, I get the same black screen. However, unlike my iPad, the computer will let me watch the other 9 shows I downloaded. It's like the iPad is stuck or locked up in this one video. I guess I will have to make a trip to the Apple store!
It does indeed sound like a problem with that particular video...probably nothing to do with your iPad which is good news.

Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts