What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video zoom?

Rajpal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone! I just got an iPad 4 and cannot figure out how to zoom out (or in) when using the video camera. I have read that tapping and dragging 3 fingers does it ... But that is not working for me!?!

I would appreciate any help on this issue! Thanks in advance!

- Raj

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar issue where it never did it at first. But then I installed a couple of apps with camera zoom feature. Then my stock camera app suddenly had zoom. I had to pinch the screen outwards and inwards (like zooming pages) to activate it. Also another tip you can use volume up to take a picture (incase you didn't know)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The built in camera, in stock video mode, responds to a double tap with one finger. It seems to give a fixed level of zoom.

OP
R

Rajpal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
The built in camera, in stock video mode, responds to a double tap with one finger. It seems to give a fixed level of zoom.

Thanks! AQ

OP
R

Rajpal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
I had a similar issue where it never did it at first. But then I installed a couple of apps with camera zoom feature. Then my stock camera app suddenly had zoom. I had to pinch the screen outwards and inwards (like zooming pages) to activate it. Also another tip you can use volume up to take a picture (incase you didn't know) dde04

Thanks, Riley! Do you know any such (free) apps, that I can load up to try out your suggestion?

Thx, again!

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just checked mine and I can't zoom in video recording mode, just the usual tap to zoom and that barely does anything (look for the black border that's all) so I must have deleted the app that gave me it, as i deleted them all for space. I just searched camera zoom to get the apps in the first place. You can still zoom in picture mode in the bottom right corner, there you can pinch to zoom.
But I cannot in video mode without finding the app again and it could be any of the 20+ I downloaded. if I remember right it was terrible picture quality so it may be that reason I deleted it.

Have a look on my thread (which I lazily have not updated for a while sorry) there is an iPad telescope that I got and wrote a review on, although the iPad camera is not great the telescope improves it ten fold! http://www.ipadforums.net/tech-section-gadgets-toys-discussions/74690-ipad-gadgets-endless-list.html
I wrote a review and posted some pictures of photo quality from my ipad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts