What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Thumbnail Missing on ios 5

sdayabaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

After updating ios 5 on my iPad the video thumbnail cannot be seen,

Please help me to solve this,

Thank you

Dayabaran

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

I had some odd video thumbnail issues after updating as well. I ended up re-syncing my iPad with iTunes a couple of times and that took care of it. If that doesn't do it you might want to try restarting and/or resetting your iPad:

• Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.
  • Reset the iPad: if restarting the iPad didn't work then you will need to reset the iPad. You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process will take longer than the restart.
Others may have some suggestions as well.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

OP
S

sdayabaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

thanks for your advice,

my problem is solved,

thanks,

Dayabaran

Charloot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this thread is kind of over, but I'm having the same problem.
I was having a similar issue before updating to the latest ipad software, but now that I have (trying to solve this issue) it's just made things worse and noe of the videos on my ipad have thumbnails.
The ipad needs to be taken to a meeting next tuesday and the blank icons look ugly...

I tried restarting and resetting the ipad as per the instructions in this post, I have restored the ipad using itunes and I have updated the software. none of this has worked and I have no idea what to do.

Help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using movie editing software (like iMovie), turn off fade in from black. The Photos app uses the first frame of the movie as the thumbnail. If it is black, so is the thumbnail.

If you are getting the movies from another source you might be able to use iMovie or another app to remove the black frames from the beginning.

There is no way (that I can find) in iMovie to set a thumbnail image, but other apps may offer the option.

Most reactions