What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video syncing: not quite the same as other people's problems

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am VERY frustrated. A couple of days ago, I updated to the latest software (I have iPad 1), and now most of my videos/ movie files won't copy across from iTunes to the iPad. Many of those that were already on the IPad have been removed, too (still there in iTunes). The audio files are copying across fine. This is seriously denting my enjoyment. Does anyone have any advice? If it's a software glitch, I hope an update will arrive very, very soon.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hang in there! Sometimes updates do not play well with others. Someone will pop in to help ~

In the meantime we do have a search button up top you can use to better assist you until then.:) You could do a hard reset while waiting:

Hold the power button and the home key down together until you see the white Apple Logo. Then let it do it's thing and after check to see if your problems are still there.

OP
M

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the comforting words! Alas, the reset makes no difference. I will keep my fingers crossed.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure to check about the resolution of the file

Since iPad support 720 max check the number after the x in resolution

Example 1280x720 will synch

1280x732 will not

OP
M

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmmm.... I'll check the resolution later, but the thing is that the files copied fine before the update. It's only since the update that the problem occurred. In other words, the very same files that were on my iPad a few days ago (and portions of which I've watched) were removed from it and won't copy back. Technology, eh?

OP
M

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys. You were right about the resolution. I tried downsizing and found that the iPad now takes the smaller res files. So, it looks like this is an issue that did indeed arise as a result of the latest software upgrade. Anyhow, I'm happy enough to do some batch processing of files in Video Monkey (unless anyone knows of a faster video converter?).

Again, thanks. What a helpful forum this.

Most reactions

Latest posts