1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Video Recording better than pictures?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by DanBarraclough04, Mar 26, 2012.

1. DanBarraclough04

DanBarraclough04 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi,
    I've just been playing with the camera (on the new iPad) and theres something I've noticed...
    Is it just me or is the iPad's video recording function much better quality than the still images are?
    For me the images when the video is paused look much sharper and the video itself is very very smooth whereas when I take stills the camera is very jerky.

Cheers

Dan
  2. Larusso45

Larusso45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have not noticed that. I am curious why photo files are 6 times larger than on the ipad2, but video files are only a little bit larger. One thing is for sure, the new camera is great and make the ipad2 look like crap.
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0
    Well, no surprise at all - the iPad 2 back camera is just .7 MP vs. the 5 MP image size of the new iPad (so do the math) - the iPad 2 camera is indeed 'CRAP' as you say, but not a new observation! :D