What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video questions

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll post this here cuz the other place wasn't a good one hehe

Ok Got some questions about the Ipad video

1) I Know that Ipad outpout is 720p But Can Ipad auto downscale? What I mean is I have a 1080 movie in my Itunes Library and If I play it to my Ipad from the Home Sharing in 4.3 I can read it in the Ipad

2) Is there a way to sync non compatible movies to the Ipad? What I mean again is I have that 1080 movie that I can watch on my Ipad threw home sharing but I cannot sync it to my Ipad, Can I get this to work?

Tx

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ratatapa said:
I'll post this here cuz the other place wasn't a good one hehe

Ok Got some questions about the Ipad video

1) I Know that Ipad outpout is 720p But Can Ipad auto downscale? What I mean is I have a 1080 movie in my Itunes Library and If I play it to my Ipad from the Home Sharing in 4.3 I can read it in the Ipad

2) Is there a way to sync non compatible movies to the Ipad? What I mean again is I have that 1080 movie that I can watch on my Ipad threw home sharing but I cannot sync it to my Ipad, Can I get this to work?

Tx

Don't understand your first question. If you use home sharing to watch a 1080p movie from a computer you can watch it on iPad. If you can't sync it to the iPad check the codec to make sure it is compatible.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leey said:
1. iPad won't auto downscale the video files.
2. No way to sync non compatible movies to the iPad, the iPad built video player only supports playback video files of a certain encode. Pls see iPad video player compatibility list: iPad Video Format, iPad Supported Video and Audio Formats | iFunia iPad Column
If wanna sync the 1080P video files to iPad, you should make video conversion first I think.

1. You don't need to downscale them.
2. Pretty much what I said the first time.

Nessaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. IPad dont automatically downscale 1080p movies. You need to do it manually or they wont be synced by iTunes. However, if you know how to transfer videos without itunes(using ifunbox, for examle), 1080p movies can be played via some third party players.

2. Similar to 1st. A third party app may work but itunes block syncing those formats of videos.

BTW, even if you succeed to transfer and play 1080p in your iPad, you'll find no distinction to 720p but much bigger file size. I suggest some video converter app doing a much easier job.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nessaj said:
1. IPad dont automatically downscale 1080p movies. You need to do it manually or they wont be synced by iTunes. However, if you know how to transfer videos without itunes(using ifunbox, for examle), 1080p movies can be played via some third party players.

2. Similar to 1st. A third party app may work but itunes block syncing those formats of videos.

BTW, even if you succeed to transfer and play 1080p in your iPad, you'll find no distinction to 720p but much bigger file size. I suggest some video converter app doing a much easier job.

1. Handbrake always works.
2. And why are we all replying in sequential format? :)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2. No way to sync non compatible movies to the iPad, the iPad built video player only supports playback video files of a certain encode. Pls see iPad video player compatibility list: iPad Video Format, iPad Supported Video and Audio Formats | iFunia iPad Column
If wanna sync the 1080P video files to iPad, you should make video conversion first I think.

Air Sharing lets me send anything I want over to the iPad, in any format I desire. It will also allow me to play 1080p movies on the original iPad through the stock video player without a problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts