What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video quality

nzlowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
Can someone please tell me why the video quality of things like YouTube and other online video sites are rubbish. I thought that YouTube videos would be pretty good quality, I'm using the yuotube app. Is ther a video setting somewhere that sets the quality.

Thanks

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
Can someone please tell me why the video quality of things like YouTube and other online video sites are rubbish. I thought that YouTube videos would be pretty good quality, I'm using the yuotube app. Is ther a video setting somewhere that sets the quality.

Thanks

I remember this happening to me when I first got my iPad. And it still does if I don't have a really strong wifi connection.

Are you on 3G or wifi?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - as Marie says, you need a good connection - i.e. A good bandwidth. If the bandwidth (Mbps) is poor the encoding protocol used for the video compresses the images in order to adapt to the poor bandwidth. In doing so, the image quality inevitably suffers. Check out what bandwidth - Mbps - you've currently got. WiFi too adapts to the link quality dynamically. If the signal strength/link quality is poor, the WiFi protocol reduces the data rate in order to be able to operate under the poorer conditions.

Tim

stjitra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all, my iPad also has quality problem...Ir i directly open a video forum YouTube apps, the quality is very Poor...ITS not HD. But if i open it forum safari..the quality is full HD..is there Any setting option i dan changenor what? Pleset helm...:(

Most reactions

Latest posts