What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video playback on iPad2

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my iPad2 except for video playback on You Tube and iPlayer. Some videos will play in full, lsome stutter badly - particularly on iPlayer - and I wondered if anyone else had the same experience and found a way to cure it. Embedded Facebook videos sometimes play without a hitch but not often.

I use BT Business Broadband and that works just fine for playback on my MacBook and my work laptop ( a Dell).

Many thanks,

Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll probably have seen that there was a new update to iPlayer just a day or two ago that was designed to fix the stuttering problem. Also allows you to use iPlayer on 3G.

Tim

OP
P

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I downloaded that and was starting to watch Horizon and noticed it loaded faster but the stuttering remained. I'm going to have a look at it this morning to see if it's anything to do with Broadband contention.

Best,
Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the 'fix all problems' solution of a complete power down - rather than simply putting the iPad to sleep. When you completely switch the iPad off and then on again, the operating system does a lot of 'cleaning up', which can often help intermittent 'issues' that arise.

Tim

OP
P

paulcrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do we get round the Flash won't play on iPad2 issues. I assume there is an app for that somewhere?

Thanks Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts