What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video organising

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I've got loads of videos and films to sinc to my new ipad - within the video app, can i arrange my films into sub folders to make them more organised? or, like with my ipod Touch 1, do they just all sit there together in an alphabetical stack with no categories or sub folders? is there an app for this?

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
found a pretty good workable solution.

any vids i want to group into a folder i just change their status in itunes to 'podcasts' , then sync over. they then show up in the video app as separate folders :)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also give them custom TV show IDs and numbers which will group them into stacks of shows instead of spill out every where. But yes. Feedback to Apple is good.

Lagranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're willing to deal with performing all of the file organization yourself, another often-suggested solution is to use GoodReader (and similar reader apps) that also happens to play video and audio files just fine. Of course you won't get certain niceties such as chapters or metadata.

This method also has the advantage of not having to import-then-sync your media files into iTunes just to get them on the device -- you can use USB sharing to drop them directly into GoodReader.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I agree Goodreader is a must have. I am using for so many more applications than I thought I would.

Most reactions