What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video not playing with certain Apps

corianderleaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using WSJ (Wall Street Journal) and Zinio apps. Zinio is a magazine app. Up to lately I was able to play the video that was offered within the news articles. I'm quite sure they are not Flash files as these apps were designed for the iPad. Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

pablomm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zinio app + videos

Hi!

My name is Pablo, I'm part of the Customer Support team at Zinio.

I have a few suggestions as to how to troubleshoot the problem with the Zinio App.

If the wifi connection was interrupted during download, the issue may be incomplete. Try deleting the issue and downloading it again.

To delete issues from your Ipad memory, simply tap the library button. Tap the "edit" button on the upper left. You will see an "x" on the upper right of the issues that you have downloaded onto your memory.

Pressing the "x" will delete the issue from your ipad. After you delete it, the issue will still show, but it will have a down pointing arrow, meaning it's available for you to download, but it's not stored in your memory.

Tap the cover of the magazine for one second. Check the progress bar. Wait for it to reach 100%.

Once completed, tap the issue again to open it up.

When you first installed the application you received a free issue of Nat Geo. This publication has videos in it, so we can test with this issue.

For instance, there is a video on Page two. Try it out!

If you still have problems, please remove the application and install the most current version from the app-store.

If this problem continues or you have any questions, feel free to send us an email to [email protected] or call 888-946-46-66 so we can follow up through our regular support channels.

Pablo M
Zinio Customer Support
1-888-946-4666
[email protected]

I am using WSJ (Wall Street Journal) and Zinio apps. Zinio is a magazine app. Up to lately I was able to play the video that was offered within the news articles. I'm quite sure they are not Flash files as these apps were designed for the iPad. Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

Most reactions