What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video from iPhone doesn't load on PC

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I can't figure out how to get onto You Tube from my iPhone, I thought I'd transfer the video by sync to the laptop. It downloaded all the pictures, but none of the videos. Also, they're all upside down.

I love using the picture and video cameras on my iPhone, but if I can't share them, what's the point?

Could somebody please help me with this?

Thanks,
Karen

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The correct orientation of both the iPhone and iPad is in portrait with the home button down, or landscape with the home button to the right. This will prevent videos being upside down in programs like VLC. In QuickTime they will always show the right way up, regardless of the orientation on the iDevice at the time of shooting the video.

I've never had a problem uploading video to YouTube from either device, so long as I haven't been using wifi in hotel rooms to do it. Wifi in such places is sometimes too slow to do the job.

I've uploaded video up to 15 minutes long directly to YouTube, so I don't understand what might be going on. Can you let us know what is happening in your experience so we can maybe help?

OP
J

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I guess I need to start holding the phone the opposite way when I take pictures. That will solve that problem. The video did make it from the phone to the PC but I had to dig around before I could find it. :)

The problem with You Tube may not be the phone's fault, but I can't find a way to resolve it. A few weeks ago I got a gmail account. Without me knowing it, they linked everything up under Google. I can get to You Tube on the PC, but it won't take the password on the phone, no matter what combination of username/password I use. According to the Google accounts info, my username was changed to my email address, but on You Tube, it still has my original user name. I'm at my wit's end with it. I'd like to be able to get videos from the phone to the PC, but if I have to do it the hard way, I guess I will.

There isn't anyway I've found that I can contact Google, other than sending feed back or posting something on a forum with thousands of other people upset by the change they didn't know was going to happen. Okay, rant over.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use my gmail address and gmail password to sign on to YouTube. That takes me to my original YouTube account with my YouTube account name.

Just tried signing in on Safari. I did it with no problem. Like wise the YouTube app.

One thing you do need to do it sign in with the complete email address, including @gmail.com.

You could try clearing cookies etc and make sure private browsing is turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts