What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video from Dropbox

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to load a video onto my iPad from Dropbox? I can't play it unless I'm online, and where I need to show it, there's no internet service. Frustrating.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you mark something as favourite in the Dropbox app, it can also be viewed offline:

image-1287814550.jpg
My screenshot shows an mp3. This works with every file that can be opened in Dropbox, afaik.

Hope that helps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you mark something as favourite in the Dropbox app, it can also be viewed offline:

My screenshot shows an mp3. This works with every file that can be opened in Dropbox, afaik.

Hope that helps.

To add: know that making something a "Favorite" in Dropbox means that the item is downloaded to the iPad (it stays within the Dropbox app).

Just so you're aware in case of storage issues... It will take up some of your iPad's memory.

Marilyn

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can just save the video from dropbox. You need to drop video that the iPad can play such as m4v.
They will take up space on the iPad, so delete them after you don't need them any more. They are saved to the Photos Library.

The save box shows when you tap the 'share icon' which is the box with an up arrow inside.

Some videos have formats that iPad won't play directly. If you have an app on the iPad that will play that format, tap the share box and tap "Open With" and tap the app that can play that video.
:eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts