Video from Dropbox

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by EstherN, Mar 31, 2014.

1. EstherN

EstherN
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there any way to load a video onto my iPad from Dropbox? I can't play it unless I'm online, and where I need to show it, there's no internet service. Frustrating.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When you mark something as favourite in the Dropbox app, it can also be viewed offline:

image-1287814550.jpg
    My screenshot shows an mp3. This works with every file that can be opened in Dropbox, afaik.

Hope that helps.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To add: know that making something a "Favorite" in Dropbox means that the item is downloaded to the iPad (it stays within the Dropbox app).

Just so you're aware in case of storage issues... It will take up some of your iPad's memory.

Marilyn

4. chinajon

chinajon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You can just save the video from dropbox. You need to drop video that the iPad can play such as m4v.
    They will take up space on the iPad, so delete them after you don't need them any more. They are saved to the Photos Library.

The save box shows when you tap the 'share icon' which is the box with an up arrow inside.

Some videos have formats that iPad won't play directly. If you have an app on the iPad that will play that format, tap the share box and tap "Open With" and tap the app that can play that video.
    :eek:

#4 chinajon, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014