What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Converter

jvlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which software do you use you convert movies to apple format so i can transfer them to my ipad2? Also when converting what is the highest resolution possible to convert each movie?

Thanks for looking!

OP
J

jvlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i actually did a little searching on the forum thinking this question was asked before and surely enough i found 2 responses.

Tipard HD Video Converter and Pavtube Video Converter are supposedly good.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The suggested video converters maybe good. However, the cost seems pretty expensive at $35 and $39. I prefer using available free programs that work very well. Try DVDFab8 HD Decryptor for the basic decryption function. Then Handbrake for the actual conversion to MP4. I believe it handles 1080p material. In my experience I find a 7gb uncompressed movie will be reduced to around 1gb MP4. And on the small iPad screen, I cannot tell the difference. The video is amazing. Both these programs are free and work well. 2hr DVD movies on my fast hexacore pc usually take about 13min for decryption and 19mins for conversion to MP4.

OP
J

jvlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point. I will def look into those. thanks a lot. Where would i be able to find these programs?

alihanjra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jvlee said:
Good point. I will def look into those. thanks a lot. Where would i be able to find these programs?

I wanted to download mp.3 audio mp.4 video lectures files directly from my university website to iPAD. For this I downloaded the "Downloads Lite" apps free from Apps Store. Now when I try to login to my university website by using this apps, I am denied login. Any clue on this?

Most reactions