What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video converter

iVortox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you guys reckon is the best iPad video converter? I can find hundreds on the internet but don't know which one to choose. Any experiences?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using handbrake for a while to convert all my cell phone videos to put on the iPad and haven't had any issues

rikat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite

I just downloaded the Aiseesoft Suite and find it to be very easy to use. In the past, pre-iPad days, I had trouble with conversion software and resorted to freeware - it was cumbersome but effective. Now, a couple of years later, I have an iPad (thanks, son) and found this software. I've used it twice and it converts movies in under an hour (about 6 minutes of movie converted in one minute). There are 3 steps, rip, convert, and download - all can be done in an hour - total time.

AlphaPython

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I`m a new user of Soundtaxi and would like to tell that I really like this soft, I recommend it all my friends. It supports a lot of formats (practically all), converting audio and video files[/FONT]

AlphaPython

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soundtaxi converts DRM-protected video files to various unprotected video file formats, it is very convinient in use, convert in one click and with CD quality and high speed. You can try it, I hope you will like it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaPython

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can tell why I prefer to use Soundtaxi, programm Media Buddy
The reasons are:
1. easy to use
2. very fast conversion which saved me lots of time
3. had a good balance between file size and output video quality
It supports almost all formasts. I purchased it recently and it is good discount there.

danialclarcke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video Converter is a piece of extremely powerful and full-featured converter software that supports almost all video and audio formats. The software is designed to convert video for your mobile video player as 3gp, mp4, PSP, PS3, iPod, iPhone etc and also VCD or DVD player, XBOX360.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVortox said:
What do you guys reckon is the best iPad video converter? I can find hundreds on the internet but don't know which one to choose. Any experiences?

Have a look at Daniusoft, I have used it a few times!

OP
I

iVortox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh I guess I'll have to go and try them all now hehe

mmelone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite

I purchased this software because of the articles posted. There are two issues, 1) the average 2 hour movie takes approximately 4 to 6 hours to convert 2) there are several movies where there is a screeching sound thoughout the movie. The problem is that I have emailed technical support twice with no response. There is no phone number to call.

Save your $35!

imotorhead77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a converter I use for iPad/iPod videos. It's quite easy and it matters cause I'm not tech-savvy (video-ipad-converter.com)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've used Cucosoft DVD to iPad Converter ($29.95). Yeah, it's paid for, but it has converted every movie I've tossed at it.

Note that I've only viewed these movies on my iPad - I've not tried on any bigger screen. Oh, and I had to increase the "split output file size" to prevent the program from splitting the movie in two pieces.

It just works and I'm very pleased with it. Of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

Most reactions