What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video App Stuck in Access Itunes screen

Jim Hall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is an IOS 8.1.1 upgrade issue, or if it is a video app problem. I did upgrade to IOS 8.1.1 & then, I opened my video app & accidentally picked the iTunes store button. Now my video app is giving me only one choice... go to the app store. If I close the app, it comes right back to this screen. If I reboot the ipad, same thing. no way back to home videos. If go on to the iTunes store, it makes no difference. I cannot get back to my home videos with the video app.
Please help,
jr8040

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The category tabs/buttons only show up if you have videos for those categories. If nothing is showing I'm guessing it a combination of two things.

One, you have no videos downloaded (local) to the iPad.

Two, you have Show All Videos turned off in Settings > Videos.

The second lets you see all the videos you have purchased through iTunes, with a cloud symbol next to them to show they are not on the iPad. You can stream them by taping on the video, or download them by tapping on the icon.

OP
J

Jim Hall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The category tabs/buttons only show up if you have videos for those categories. If nothing is showing I'm guessing it a combination of two things.

One, you have no videos downloaded (local) to the iPad.

Two, you have Show All Videos turned off in Settings > Videos.

The second lets you see all the videos you have purchased through iTunes, with a cloud symbol next to them to show they are not on the iPad. You can stream them by taping on the video, or download them by tapping on the icon.

Dear twerppoet,
You were right on two out of three. I forgot ONE: I had removed videos to install IOS update & had not restored them. TWO: The IOS upgrade had indeed turned off "Show All Videos." I'm guessing that either one of these would have caused this? Either way, I appreciate your help. It's amazing how many times the answer is obvious once you know it. THANKS AGAIN....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dear twerppoet,
You were right on two out of three. I forgot ONE: I had removed videos to install IOS update & had not restored them. TWO: The IOS upgrade had indeed turned off "Show All Videos." I'm guessing that either one of these would have caused this? Either way, I appreciate your help. It's amazing how many times the answer is obvious once you know it. THANKS AGAIN....

No problem. Glad to help.

If you had videos on the iPad. You would have seen something.

If you had the Show All Videos switch on, you would have seen something (assuming you've purchased at least one video or movie in iTunes).

Having both is what caused a complete lack of anything.

I'm curious. What's the third thing? The one I wasn't right about, or perhaps the thing I didn't guess?

OP
J

Jim Hall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear twerppoet,
OOOPPPSSS.... Make that two out of two....

Most reactions

Latest posts