What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

very tough time ahead 4 jbers

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you really going to debate the statistics of my argument on that basis?

OP
M

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sh0nuff said:
+1

I have an Android, and they only thing that keeps me coming back to the Apple is the amazing keyboard and error correction... Swype comes close, but it still isn't quite as good, and since typing is something i all the time, the iPhone/iPad wins. But if it was as good, I'd still be rocking my Nexus 1

I use desire, but I love apple for their perfection,what all functions they offer ,they are best in that...only thing I like in android is their openness ...battery life of my desire sucks...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And can you imagine Apple being more successful than they are now?

Actually I can, they could be like Microsoft.
Actually... Apple's net worth is greater than Microsoft's by several billion dollars!

How come Jobs is never up there with Bill, since Apple doing so well now? Juss curious
"Now" is the key word. Apple's phenomenal success has pretty much come with their iOS devices which is fairly recent but Microsoft has been where they are for a much longer time. After all, you can't run a computer without an operating system!

I hate to rain on your parade but Apple also makes OS's. Always has.
Yes, but you can only get an Apple OS on Apple hardware!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but you can only get an Apple OS on Apple hardware!

Not true. You can only get Apple's OS on Apple hardware if you give a @*@# about Apple's EULA. No one cares about Apple's EULA though. You can put OSX on a wide variety of non apple hardware.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no desire for any Microsoft products period
Why do you really believe that every house hold has Microsoft products?
Sent from my iPad using iPF

Because on average there will be more than 1 Microsoft product or operating system per house.

Fine, you are an Apple fanatic so you don't own any Microsoft products. I on the other hand own a Microsoft mouse a Microsoft keyboard, have 1 laptop running Windows XP, 2 laptops running Windows 7 and 3 desktops running Windows 7. I wont even get into how many pieces of software made by microsoft are being run on said computers, because it would be a pain to list them all. That more than covers you and a half dozen of your Apple loving friends. Microsoft owns the personal computing world at this moment in history. And their newer operating systems like Windows 7 are closing the usability and "prettiness" gap between Windows and OSX drastically and have surpassed it in many areas. That you personally don't own any Microsoft products is irrelevant. A vast majority of people not only own A Microsoft product, but probably own multiple Microsoft products.

Microsoft JUST fell under 90% market share, which is mainly due to mobile devices running Android and iOS being counted as personal computers. 90%.

Last edited:

iPaciMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
personally I was a Microsoft person for years but my allegiance is to money. I have been a .net developer for some time, and did quite a bit of work with WPF more recently and then I decided to give iOS and Mac development a try and have found that there is enough of a market that I can concentrate there and not worry about doing both. Still, I miss Visual Studio as it's a much more mature development environment than Xcode is, but Xcode is growing up a little with the soon to be released XCode 4.

I also owned a Zune and a Zune HD which I still prefer over my iPod touch because, well honestly, they look better and work better. Unfortunately theres no easy way to use Zune HD with OS X so I dropped it and got the iPod Touch.

I think some people get worked up over their product allegiances because they just need something to cling to. For me, again, I go where the money is and for me, right now, the money is in iOS development. That may change to Android before too long, but you can code for Android under either OS.

When you come down to it though, looking at core functionality, Windows and OS X are basically the same, as far as the end user is concerned. They have windows and action/reaction image based UI, browse the web and play media so I don't know what all the fuss is over it.

Can OS X boot faster than Windows? Yes
Does that really matter? Not to me, maybe it does to you.

I do think iOS will out last Android because I think the mass appeal of it will remain with hackers who aren't really interested in buying cutting edge hardware, they would rather max it out with their intense software skills and thus don't need to upgrade as often. Look at how awesome Ubuntu is and the wide range of platforms that can run it....but then look how many homes you see it in...is that number growing? Yes. Do Microsoft or Apple really care? No

So I think we should all just get along: Windows, Windows Phone 7, iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS, Linux, BSD and all the others...lets all get along :)

Most reactions