What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Strange burn in?

djblackrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive me i find this hard to explain,

When you first turn on your Ipad there is the thick bar at the top with the time, when I slide the unlock bar and go into the main screen of the Ipad that bar remains, with the wrong time. In landscape mode it goes away but on portrait its there, and if i look closely i can see a "ghost" image of the unlock slider at the bottom.

Thanks, i went through 20 or so pages before i posted this, couldnt find anything

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a hardware problem. However, try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would also be good to know if this oddness is visible in a screen shot. Pressing Home and Sleep simultaneously will take a screen shot. It can be seen in the photos app in the Saved Photos folder.

OP
D

djblackrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reset a few times to no avail, and yes it does show up in the screen shot

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you post the screen shot here?

If it is showing in screenshot I tend to think it is not a hardware issue.

Michael

OP
D

djblackrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the wallpaper....somehow a screenshot was taken with the time and made to be the wallpaper....wow 10 years in the industry and this is how I go down.

Thanks anyway

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
homer-simpson-doh.gif

OP
D

djblackrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankfully is was the owner of my company NOT my iPad, then I'd really be kicking myself :)

Jaricko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Burn in very strange

I on the other hand have a strange burn in on top of my iPad and on the side when I flip it can post picks. Need help
And I take a snap shot but doesn't show up in the photos??
My iPad is jail broke
Nachuu420
Gmail.com

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts