What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very slow??

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 4 is very slow to load pages and when scrolling the scroll is choppy, it has been doing this for the last two months, I am using Mercury, any ideas?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using any other browsers? If so, do you have the same problem in all of them?

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have only tried safari it is a little better but can't get full screen with it, the favorites takes up 1/4 of the screen

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your iPad? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have only tried safari it is a little better but can't get full screen with it, the favorites takes up 1/4 of the screen
To hide the favorites in Safari, tap the book icon at the top left, next to the search/address bar.

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your iPad? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.
57 I just tried that and it seem a little better

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also try closing all your open tabs and clear your browsing history.

Most reactions