very slow to load

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by budh, Nov 12, 2012.

1. budh

budh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why does my ipad 2 take so long to load. I turn it on and the apple logo is on the screen for very long time before it asks for my four digit code. i upgraded to ios 6. is that my problem???? thanks. Bud
  2. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    My 4g iPod Touch is the same; sometimes it'll take almost 2 minutes to load, and even after that it lags quite a bit. I've had it for 2 years now, so I'm guessing its just a bit old. Perhaps your iPad may be getting old, so take that into account. Also, if you have any apps running in the multi-tasking bar it could slow down the iPad when loading, so try to kill the apps after using them. I've noticed also that a pass-code slows down a device quite a bit (although it is not always the case) but it's worth a try to disable your pass-code.

Hope this helps. :)
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    What are you loading on iPod touch 4 that's taking so long? I have one on iOS 6.0.1 that's loading fine. Could it be a wifi prob in your case?
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +829 / 0
    For the first 2 posters, have you tried to 'Reset' your iPads? Directions HERE - go to the 'Reset' section - let us know if this helps (or not) - good luck! :)
  5. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    It's not the wi-fi that causes it to be slow because I always turn it off when I'm not using it. I do run the latest software and its a 32gb model; more than enough for me so it's not really having to check its cache over and over rendering it slow. It's just quite old I guess. :)