What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

very slow to load

budh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why does my ipad 2 take so long to load. I turn it on and the apple logo is on the screen for very long time before it asks for my four digit code. i upgraded to ios 6. is that my problem???? thanks. Bud

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 4g iPod Touch is the same; sometimes it'll take almost 2 minutes to load, and even after that it lags quite a bit. I've had it for 2 years now, so I'm guessing its just a bit old. Perhaps your iPad may be getting old, so take that into account. Also, if you have any apps running in the multi-tasking bar it could slow down the iPad when loading, so try to kill the apps after using them. I've noticed also that a pass-code slows down a device quite a bit (although it is not always the case) but it's worth a try to disable your pass-code.

Hope this helps. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 4g iPod Touch is the same; sometimes it'll take almost 2 minutes to load, and even after that it lags quite a bit. I've had it for 2 years now, so I'm guessing its just a bit old. Perhaps your iPad may be getting old, so take that into account. Also, if you have any apps running in the multi-tasking bar it could slow down the iPad when loading, so try to kill the apps after using them. I've noticed also that a pass-code slows down a device quite a bit (although it is not always the case) but it's worth a try to disable your pass-code.

Hope this helps. :)

What are you loading on iPod touch 4 that's taking so long? I have one on iOS 6.0.1 that's loading fine. Could it be a wifi prob in your case?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the first 2 posters, have you tried to 'Reset' your iPads? Directions HERE - go to the 'Reset' section - let us know if this helps (or not) - good luck! :)

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
What are you loading on iPod touch 4 that's taking so long? I have one on iOS 6.0.1 that's loading fine. Could it be a wifi prob in your case?

It's not the wi-fi that causes it to be slow because I always turn it off when I'm not using it. I do run the latest software and its a 32gb model; more than enough for me so it's not really having to check its cache over and over rendering it slow. It's just quite old I guess. :)

Most reactions