What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very odd problem?

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a very odd problem. My iPad 2 battery went dead today. So I put it on the charger. I just got it off the charger and now it seems to be stuck in some iPhone looking mode. I can run apps but i can't type anything once they are open because they go sideways. I tried to run winter board to respring but once in apps i can't do anything. I am running OS 5.0.1 and its jailbroken. Anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? Everything on the screen is all out of whack. All my icons seem to be off and some vertical rows are like close side by side. I am lost. Also it won't change views when i flip the iPad either. No idea what I did to cause this. Thanks in advance for your help.
100_2928.jpg
100_2927.jpg

100_2926.jpg

Last edited:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may do some more research but it looks like you may have to do a full restore and kill the jailbreak. Before though do a full soft and hard reset to see if that works so you don't have to loose your JB.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the Apple shop and find someone help

No good...They will likely not work on it for you since it is jailbroken...Do you have sbs settings in cydia? Try respring from that. If not you prolly need to do a restore....:(

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't jailbroken for a while but I would say play around in winter board as two might be conflicting I'm not sure if it's changed much since iOS 3 but some was buggy as hell. Just a suggestion? Good luck.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This type of behavior usually occurs when you install a tweak from Cydia that isn't compatible with the iPad.

Can you get the iPad into Safe Mode? Cause you want to get back to Cydia an uninstall the latest tweak(s) you put on. Once you remove it/them, the iPad should then respring back to normal (or you can come out of Safe Mode and it'll look normal). Then, you can either go through a trial and error process to see which tweak it was that caused the issue, or swear that you'll never use that tweak again. :)

The key here is, if you can't get to Cydia by just pressing the icon, is getting it into Safe Mode. So, try that and see how it works. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts