Very Good to Some Disappointments

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Rich2putt, May 18, 2011.

1. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Do you mean photos added via sync or other? Others can be but sync,I agree its a pain, can only be deleted via sync

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

2. Rich2putt

Rich2putt
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Correct, the sync added in photo.

3. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    To the original OP post

It is good sometimes to take a deep breath and realize the iPad is not repeat is not a computer. While it is incredibly useful at some dasks like reading mail, books, viewing movies, and shopping, it is not a computer. We all have had to readjust our expectations and remind ourselves that it simply is not a computer, does not run Unix or (gasp) Windows, and full fledged software is not written for it.

4. ian russell

ian russell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It's a toy!

5. china_cat84

china_cat84
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When the iPad 1 first came out, I was extremely critical and didn't purchase it BECAUSE of the fact that it seemed like a large iPod Touch. I thought - what's the point? I have a small laptop, a large laptop, and an iPod Touch - why the heck should I spend money on something like that?

Now, I'm seeing it the other way. Yes, I still see the iPad as a large iPod Touch. But even my "small" 14" laptop is bulky at times and its battery life is AWFUL. Since I have to travel farther to campus this school year, I really don't want to haul around all my books, my laptop, and my laptop accessories. I plan on using my iPad2 to take notes during class and record lectures - thus replacing my piles of notebooks as well as allowing me to leave the laptop at home. Not once did I think that the iPad would replace a laptop or desktop computer - it was kind of obvious, as the harddrive space available only went up to 64GB, when most laptops have at least 250GB. That doesn't mean that I don't wish it could do everything that a laptop can do! :D

Also, not only did I choose the iPad for all listed above - I also chose it because it's made by Apple. I considered many other (cheaper!) tablets, but I couldn't bring myself to purchase anything other than the iPad. I base this solely on experience I've had with other devices - mainly phones. I have owned MANY touch screen phones and NONE of them could compare to the quality of my iPhone 4. The screen itself is the big deal breaker - Apple touch screens are effortless to use, wonderfully smooth, and extremely responsive. Most other touch screens out there are not - the LG Voyager comes to mind here (ew). Not to mention Apple's decent customer service (unlike some other companies) and the large variety of apps in the appstore. I have looked through the apps available on other devices and they're just not the same. IMHO, the user experience is much better on the iPad.