What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Frustrating WiFi Router Handshake Problems

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I'm back at a small beach town in Mexico with very slow ww speeds, and also back in the same house where last year I had these same problems. The connect & handshake with the older wifi router is terribly frustrating. Here's the deal: I can only connect to the router (after the ipad has hibernated or shut down) by re-booting the router. The ipad will never connect to the router if it's up and running fine, it must be re-booted by shutting it off for 30 seconds. Then the iPad connects. The ipad always "see's" the router, but can never complete the handshake, without a router re-boot. I have tried the "Re-Set All Network Connections" in settings/general. Not helpful. What is really frustrating is that EVERY DEVICE in this house connects flawlessly: Windows7, Nexus7 Android, Kindle... even my older iPod touch! All connect without errors. Is there any tweaking I can do? Actually thinking if dumping the 3rd Gen iPad as soon at I return to the states. Thanks

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is not a problem anyone but me has ever experienced? Which only means Windows and Android have a more robust code for logging into networks? Grrr...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought about replacing the router with a newer model? Sometimes newer devices like your iPad can have problems connecting with older routers.

Most reactions

Latest posts