What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very frustrated...ipad3, no sound for music

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ty... I will report back and yes backed up. I appreciate this forum

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, with my music only issue on my ipad3, I brought it back to best buy, as recommended, and told them of the issue. Without even checking it, they gave me a new one...very nice, o more problems with music. Thanks for all your help

Matt88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have exactly the same problem on my 16g ipad3. Only that the sound only works when it's on charge. I have got apple support ringing me today, but just wanted to know whether the OP got a replacement iPad as it couldn't be fixed.

Again sorry to bump but didn't think it needed to be repeated just an answer would be great.

Thank you very much :)

Matt88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rang apple support and they said that it's a software fault and try restoring the ipad from itunes on a PC. I don't have a PC so I'm just returning it to where I bought it. I don't want to drive 20 miles for it to be fixed, nor do I want to send it off and be without my ipad, or freeze £400 from my account so they can send one out to me and to return mine.

Just thought I would say as a possible fix to this sound bug. Oh I bumped this thread but actually my problem is exactly the same as the thread that's linked on page 1.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts