What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very frustrated...ipad3, no sound for music

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok--so you have quit the apps, did a restart, a reset, checked your iPad settings, and also increased your volume control thru the music controls in the multitask bar.

Was this working for you before? Did you use head phones with your iPad ?

Your volume switch on the side is hight enough to hear sound?

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, all, everything looked good. Tried vevo right now and that loud and clear. Changed sound from hip hop to bass boost in general/settings. Once had used earphones...will check that..thank u for trying to help me, this just doesn't make sense. Been dealing with for last week. Only thing that changed was that I had done a sync with my laptop. :(

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also no sound in earphones. Maybe I should do factory reset...but that is going to be a pain.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before you do a factory reset, try Reset All Settings. Much less destructive.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

You'll have to re-tweak most of your settings, but no app, data, or account information will be deleted.

And just out of curiosity, when the Music app is open, does the volume slider at the top right appear and adjust; both by touch and using the volume buttons. No idea what you would do if it doesn't, but for some reason I thought to see if I could operate mine independently. I can't.

Oh yeah, probably already checked, but in Settings > Music, do you have the Volume Limit turned off. Try toggling it.

Last edited:
OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx. Was wondering if that would be better. ;)

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that again just to be sure. No luck. I had no problems with my ip2... I'm going to wait until morning before I do a reset. Appreciate help

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...same here on the volume slider at top. I can even move the music to midway thru song but still no sound or activity after moving it, even though it is in play mode

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did there set and backup from laptop.....no luck. I really felt it would work. If u come up with anything else, I'm still searching

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had issues with my iPad2 and I can't find a way to fix this. As only owned 3 months, anyone have the best way to get help from apple or can I go back to best buy

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would take it back to BestBuy and see about a replacement. If they baulk, then off to the Genius bar.

OP
jessica68

jessica68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx. Without any answers I'm hoping this is a good sign this is not user error

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure it isn't. Having gone through all of the steps, there's not a lot left besides hardware failure.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Jessica, let us know what comes out of your ipad issue. Good luck!!

Be sure to back up your stuff, but sounds like you have done that already..just in case they replace it for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts